Tuesday, August 3, 2010

No Photoshop Necessary

The skies here in Phoenix have been pretty steady since I got here 4 months ago. I joked about how the weatherman must have the easiest job to forecast sunny weather everyday. Well round about mid July I sure was in for a surprise. The monsoons came in and now you never know what the sky will be like. One minute sunny, then cloudy, then pouring rain!?!?! On this particular night the sky started off cloudy and as the hours passed they got extremely dark. I figured it was going to downpour since the valley was getting flash flood warnings for the whole county. To my surprise as the sun set the clouds parted just enough to let the bright orange suns rays through. On the eastern side of the sky a huge radiant rainbow emerged out of no where and boy was it full of color! I've never seen the sky seem so alive and full of energy, dark thunderstorms clouds as a back drop to a setting sun in the west highlighting a beautiful rainbow in the east. It was awesome!

This was what the skyline look liked prior to the sun setting. Talk about some angry clouds.



...and this was what happened as the sun went down, amazing colors!

...and for those wondering my camera is nice, but trust me I can't give the credit to technology on this one. No fancy lenses or digital doctoring needed, this was all natural!!


This rainbow was HUGE I couldn't capture it in just one picture. It was absolutely breathtaking and so vibrant with color.




No comments:

Post a Comment