Thursday, February 20, 2014

Scottsdale

It only takes one word to raise the eyebrows of any elite equine connoisseur.
Scottsdale
The unarguable apex of the horse world. The equivalent to the Super Bowl in competition. The sophistication of  a royal gala. Some might say it's a little piece of heaven on earth. 
 
 
 
Every year since I have lived here I have paid my dues and made the annual journey to my Mecca, The Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show.  As a child, I heard only stories of this infamous place. I listened eagerly with ears wide open (and probably a little drool coming out of my mouth) to talk about who was winning, the electric and infectious energy there, the shopping, the food, the hundreds if not thousands of beautiful horses that promenade the grounds, even the bathrooms were talked up! It was fascinating for me to hear about and even more exciting when I knew a horse in the show. But still it was so far up the horse social ladder I never thought I would actually be able to go see the show, until I moved to AZ!  
 
Devote horse people will usually take 1 trip to satisfy their love, I take (at minimum) 2 trips :) One to watch the show and the other to shop and check out all the horses.
 

Morgan accompanied me on my trip today to the show and based on her look I think she loved it too.

 
 
 The nucleus of the show is none other than, The Equidome. It is a suitable name and is where all the championship classes are held. Oh yeah, by the way, it is HUGE!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Did I mention the food, this was only a small section of vendors.
 
 
 
 
 
But most importantly there are lots and lots of horses of all types, shapes, and sizes. There are Western horses, English horses, horses that jump, bay horses, chestnut horses,white horses, even black horses w afros.
 
Western horses
 
 
English horses

 
Horse that jumps


 
Bay horse

Chestnut horse

White horse

Afro horse


And that is just a few examples of the numerous types of horses that compete at this show. There are so many horses that the show is 2 weeks long just to get everything in and I love every minute of it. This time Morgan and I enjoyed our walk around the grounds and greeting the afore-pictured horses above. I am always impressed by the Arabian horse and how versatile and loving they are. I think Morgan would agree.


No comments:

Post a Comment